Kieffer

I just ate a plastic hotdog wrapper..What will happen to me? How long will it take to pass?

I don't know exactly the amount I ingested..Its the wrapper you peel off in hotdogs before frying..

Asked by Kieffer on Oct 29th 2009 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I would keep watching for the next12-36 hours to see if it passes. Keep an eye on the dog to see if he seems to be not feeling well in this time. If you do not see it pass, you will want to see a vet then. I wish you the best.

Keep a close eye on him and watch for it to pass. Write it down on the calendar in case it is a while before you notice some problems as stuff like this can pass very, very slowly thru a dogs digestive system. Also, read the question below yours so if any symptoms show up you can make sure your vet does some good diagnostics! Good luck!

If it hasn't passed by tomorrow afternoon and your vet doesn't have Saturday hours, better call. Any vomiting, lack of bowel movements, or diarrhea, call at once.

if it was my dog, I'd give him some nice olive oil (like a tablespoon) to help grease up the chutes. Looks like a Pom, small dogs means smaller digestive system so err on the side of caution here and be sure to see a vet right away if he seems uncomfortable, vomits, gags or refuses water.