Nikki

I have noticed both of my dogs licking the feet constantly couldn't get close enough for even a second to get a good

www.dogforums.com

Asked by Nikki on Apr 7th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Time for a vet visit.

SNEAKERS

Going to the Vet with this is ok, but, what they're trying to do is clean their feet.

1) I have a non-sanitary Sink that I put my guys in when their feet are dirty/contaminated. Just thoroughly rinse all four with warm water as suggested. Dry and see what happens.

3) If that doesn't work, mix up a mild Bleach Solution (2 Tablespoons per Gallon of warm Water) Maybe use a Bowl, and make them step in and get their feet wet up as least one inch above their Pads. Let their feet stay very wet for about five minutes, then take them to the Sink and thoroughly rinse. This may lighten the Hair on their feet a little, but it's better than having Bacteria on them, or tracked around your house.

Prevention...
Something in your yard or walk route has contaminated them. You can't do anything about a route, but you can your yard. Using a sprinkler to water the grass, washes most contaminations down and away from them contacting it.

SNEAKERS answered on 4/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer