I have an 8 month old weimeraner lab mix and she has not barked ever do you think she ever will bark?

Asked by Member 1001192 on Aug 19th 2010 in Leash Walking

Answers

Are you complaining? I get in trouble for all the barking I do! I have taught our Lab mix to bark whenever he wants!
Your girl is a mix of a couple of sporting breeds. They are taught to be quiet in the field. Don't want to scare away the birds. Being quiet could be a trait of your girl.
But any dog can and will bark given the "right" situation. Boredom, loneliness or just being around another barking dog can get them going.
Enjoy her quiet company!

most dogs don't bark until they feel like it or learn their vocals are there. Be glad! some of my previous dogs had a real problem with that LOL
I think your breed like mine , barks when they are alerted by something. don't worry the barking will come. LOL

Belle

Riley didn't begin barking until she came over to my house where we got other dogs. And when she did it was really cute. Like she didn't know what was happening. Are you saying you want a dog to bark? just kiddin. Your dog will begin to bark when he/she feels right, and knowing about the vocal cords. Good luck:) Once it starts it won't stop. =)

Belle answered on 8/19/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Oh man, I could only wish for Deogie not to bark at EVERYTHING. Thank goodness he knows his "quiet" command because he would drive me CRAZY.
People....bark.
Cat/dog....bark.
Noise....bark.
Outside, attention, play....bark, well more of a grumble.
You get my point, he LOVES the sound of his own voice.
Enjoy the peace. She may find her voice one day but if she doesn't, allow her to be the quiet beauty she is meant to be.
Have a good one.

Cricket 2007-2011

She will probably start barking at some point. Cricket didn't bark until my mom came for a visit and taught her the "speak" command...thanks a lot, Mom! :) I'm sure your girl is just a little shy.

Cricket 2007-2011 answered on 8/21/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer