I have a walker hound dog, she gave birth to a puppy at 230 this morning that wasnt alive, it's now 1100am and she has n

My walker hound gave birth 8 and a half hours ago to a puppy that wasnt alive. She is not panting or pushing, just resting, but has not delivered anymore, yet. What do I do? I live in an area where a vet is impossible to get to. Please help.

Asked by Member 1067905 on Nov 2nd 2011 in Pet Products

Answers

The ONLY choice you have is the vet OR risk her death plus the remaining puppies deaths.
A good rule of thumb is to NEVER WAIT MORE THAN TWO HOURS between pups without contacting your veterinarian.
There are no at home ways to do a c-section, sorry!

If you need to drive for hours to get to a vet, do it. It's necessary in this case.
Wishing the best.