Guest

I have a small, 20 pound dog. My dog accidently swallowed one peice of Orbit gum earlier today. He seems fine, but I know that Xylitol can be harmful to dogs. The gum contains less than 2% of Xylitol but I just want to make sure he is/will be safe. Should I be concerned? Could this harm him?

I have a small, 20 pound dog. My dog accidently swallowed one peice of Orbit gum earlier today. He seems fine, but I know that Xylitol can be harmful to dogs. The gum contains less than 2% of Xylitol but I just want to make sure he is/will be safe. Should I be concerned? Could this harm him?


Asked by Member 1097691 on Mar 5th 2012 Tagged chewinggum, xylitol in Swallowing Foreign Objects
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend



Status

  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!


Answers

Bella

One piece most likely will not do any harm. My dogs have gotten into whole packs before. With that being said - keep an eye on him and place a call to your vet.


Bella answered on 3/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Guest

Like the above answer stated, one piece will probably not do any harm. My dogs have also eaten whole packs of gum before and nothing has ever happened.


Member 930032 answered on 3/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer