I have a six month old Great Dane mix who was starved for the first 5 months and she is only about 25lbs. looking

Any ideas for a high energy puppy food or a way to get her to gain weight

Asked by Libby on Jul 30th 2013 in Pet Food

Answers

Ultra Large Breed puppy food (in pet stores) is a good answer to your question. However, if she was a pure Dane, she should weigh that much at 5 weeks. ^_^ Feed Large breed puppy kibble until your vet says that she should stop eating puppy food, which is usually before they stop growing, unless she is more of a mix than she looks. Treats and cans are an ideal supplement to her diet, and Ultra makes those too. I'm glad your rescue found you!!

Orijen and Acana are both great dog foods, I would definitely feed one of these if I were you. Don't feed anything low quality, only feed high quality. Try mixing some high quality canned food in with her dry food too.