I have a rescued Chinese Crested hairless type his skin is very poor and full of black head, would love any advice on th

He has seen a vet and had shampoo to bath him in 3 times a wk, but this shampoo was to make sure he had nothing living in his skin mites ect...

I've had him 3 month he has gained weight and is coming out of his little self its just his poor skin is terrible,

Asked by Member 1142368 on Nov 26th 2012 in Skin Problems

Answers

Unfortunately, this is a problem with many of the hairless Cresteds. I have two brothers... they live in the exact same environment, eat the same food, sleep in the same bed, play in the same yard. One is covered with many blackheads on his legs and back, the other has none and has soft, clear skin.
I have tried everything from special shampoos, scrubs, astringents, acne meds, etc and have found NOTHING that helps at all. Currently they both get frequent baths with Kerolux shampoo and I roll the skin to remove blackheads whenever possible.