I have a Hound Dog (kahuna Kerr) 2yrs old I can no longer keep in the city limits. I was hoping We could find him a HOME

Asked by Member 976385 on Mar 22nd 2010 in Shelters & Rescue

Answers

Tegan

Is there a no-kill shelter in your community? If so, I would start by calling them to see if they are taking in any new animals. Sometimes no-kill shelters require a small (~$25.00) surrender fee but it is well worth it as they will not put your animal down unless he starts showing signs of aggression or an untreatable health issue.

You could also post an ad on www.craigslist.org but please don’t just give your dog to the first person who answers your ad. Be sure to ask any potential new owners for vet references and whether or not any current pets they have are aggressive to other animals.

Please take the time to find your dog a good home. And if you absolutely can not find one and you are unable to keep him, contact your local animal care and control and/or humane society.

The very best of luck to you and your dog.

Tegan answered on 3/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer