I have a diabetic dog and have trouble financially with insulin and food. Is there an agency that helps w/ finances?

I don't want to give Barney away. But his insulin and special food are hard for me to pay for. I was just wondering if there was an agency that helped w/ dog meds like there are for people. Thanks for any info!

Asked by Member 652025 on Jul 18th 2008 Tagged finances, money, aid in Diabetes

Answers

♥Tiffy♥

Try this site:
www.cdss.ca.gov

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 7/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Lily

Well you can buy pet insurance, but in Barney's case, it's a little too late for that. Unfortunately, I doubt you meet any requirements (like being disabled and having Barney as a guide dog) that will help pay for dog meds. My cat is diabetic.. I know it is a pain. Have you talked to your vet and/or pharmacist to ensure that you are getting the lowest priced generic insulin on the market? Is it reallly truly necessary that he be on special food? Well I think you just need to make some decisions and/or sacrifices. You made a committment to this dog so please try your best to provide him the insulin he needs to live. Unless you already have a good home lined up for him, it will be very hard to find him a home if he's brought to a shelter given his medical issues. Hope everything works out for you.. In the future don't have pets if you can't afford to care for them.

Lily answered on 7/18/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer