I have a Dachshund/Maltese mix. She is 7-8 months old. When will she stop peeing/pooping in the house?? Help!

I do take her out every 1/2 to 1 hour and after she sleeps and eats. Some days she does good. But at night especially, she doesn't communicate that she needs to go out. She just seems not to get it. I don't want to crate her either, as she sleeps in bed with me.

Asked by Member 1188926 on Sep 7th 2013 Tagged poop, pee, housebreaking, puppiesbehaviors, dachshund, maltese in Housebreaking

Answers

It sounds like you need professional help. PetsMart has potty training dvd's for $10. These might help you, or taking her in for a free evaluation to a local trainer. The cost of seeking help will be less than the cost of dog pee ruining your floors over time, and you do NOT want to let this behavior become a habit. I hope that you are NOT allowing her to stay in the bed after she peed in it!! Make sure to clean thoroughly to elininate all odors that would make your pup want to resoil in those places, since dogs' sense of smell is 100x better than humans. Good luck! ^_^