I have a chinese crested that has broken out in black heads really.bad.how do I remove them and keep them from returning

Asked by Member 1148476 on Jan 6th 2013 Tagged chinesecrested, blackheads in Health & Wellness

Answers

IF you can figure that out, PLEASE let the rest of us know!!!!
Seriously, it is a major problem with some of them. I have two brothers and one is perfect with soft, nice skin and the other is a mass of blackheads on his legs and neck.
I use human acne products like stridex to wash them as often as I can, I use the back side of those sponges for Teflon and scrub gently and I "roll" the skin to squeeze them out gently when they are ready. I have used prescription shampoos of various kinds with no success so now I just use a basic moisturizing type.
Obviously, it must be genetic or due to certain types of skin because one of the brothers has NEVER had a single one and the other gets worse as he gets older, especially in Winter. They are both true hairless ones and the only visible difference is that the one with clear skin has black pigmented skin while the other has lighter skin, almost pure white when not tanned.
I do use moisturizing cream, but most are allergic to lanolin!

Petri

You can use vinegar on them. It isn't harmful, but may dry out his skin a bit the more you use it. At least the blackheads will be gone though!

Petri answered on 1/7/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

B.J., CGC

I have friends who breeds Cresteds. That vinegar idea DOES NOT work to remove blackheads, AND it is really irritating to the skin of hairless cresteds...it will leave them with huge, red blotches that ultimately scab over and are worse than the blackheads themselves.
Cresteds are extremely sensitive to many skin products... and other things like wool, lanolin, various oils, etc. ANYTHING you use needs to be tested on a small area and left for 24 hours to observe for a reaction.
My friend shampoos often and leaves a warm, damp towel over the freshly shampooed dog to open the pores, then gently squeezes out the blackheads. Time consuming, but it is the only way she knows how to safely and effectively deal with them.
She also claims to have some success with changing the diet to something with less fat in it.

B.J., CGC answered on 1/8/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer