blaze

I have a 4 yr old male corgi. He doesn't want to go into his kennel at night.He wants to bite us.

If Blaze is asleep on our bed, I can pick him up and move him to his kennel. If he is awake anywhere and we try to pick him up,he will growl and try to bite us. My husband picked him up off our bed and he bit him. We now have put up a gate and they cannot go into our bedroom or sleep on our bed anymore. Any other suggestions??

Asked by blaze on Feb 23rd 2013 Tagged biting in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Do NOT pick him up! Hire a qualified behaviorist before it gets worse.

Angie

It helps to create a nightly routine. For example I always take my dog Angie outside for a pee before bed. After we come in she gets a treat for going in her crate for the night. You still might want to consult a behaviorist about this form of resource guarding, but a routine could make your nights easier in the meantime.

Angie answered on 2/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer