I have a 4 yr old Lab named Dumbo he is having some hair loss on his back end (sides, clumps) he also has very bad breat

we used hartz flea spray and shampoo on his a couple of weeks ago he didn't have any issues until now not sure if its the hartz or not

Asked by Member 1143641 on Dec 4th 2012 Tagged hairloss, weakness, badbreathe, hartz in Illness & Disease

Answers

I would take him to the vet and have him checked out. Good Luck!

I vote for a trip to the vet, as well, and I would discontinue the flea spray right away. The skin thing could be fungal or bacterial, so you'll want a skin scraping and the proper medication. Often skin conditions are due to allergies and require a food change. Sometimes they're worse, like mange. The bad breath could just be because he needs his teeth brushed, or it could be an internal problem. I don't think you can go wrong with the vet on this one. And frankly, Dumbo has to be uncomfortable, so it's really only fair.

My Precious Angel   Aregon

My Vet said Hartz is the worst product for bad side effects, it cause sickness and tremors in my dogs and my cat. Please take your dog to the vet immediately. stop the hartz if you already haven't. A good wash with doggy shampoo will also help.
My vet recommends Adams and that's what I use.
Good luck.

My Precious Angel Aregon answered on 12/20/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer