I have a 3month old lab/chihuahua that will pee and poop for my bf outside but only pee for me. How do I stop it?

Asked by Member 1154442 on Feb 9th 2013 Tagged puppy, months, housebreaking, favorites, labchihuahuamix in Puppies

Answers

Lily

Dogs sometimes avoid going to the washroom outside around or in the view certain people (or genders), if the dog has been punished in a harsh way upon having an accident, or any negative reaction when the dog has gone poo.

This may be the case.. Have you tried bringing your dog out with your bf?

or.. your dog may just not have to go. ;)

Lily answered on 2/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maybe you just have to wait outside with him a little longer? If you're walking him at one time of day and your boyfriend is walking him at another, it may just be that you're getting him during the part of his schedule where he doesn't have to go. If he does have an accident in the house, don't punish, just take him out sooner next time.