i have a 2 yr old pug and a 3 yr old jack russell. they fight drawing blood had both fixed yr ago not helping. both male

I recenttly got the russell from boyfriend who is no longer able to care for him i have to keep them seperated and both being house dogs it is makeing my life miserable I CANT GET RID OF EITHER OF THEM what can i do to stop the fighting? please help. Donna and my babies.

Asked by Member 901696 on Oct 16th 2009 Tagged fightingdogs, train, stopfighting, petsthatdontgetalong in Vitamin Supplements

Answers

Fritz

I think you may need a good behaviorist to help you.

They are probably both wanting to be top dog. They may settle their differences once they figure out who is going to be “big dog”.

If you just got the JRT, give it some time. Keep them separated unless supervised, maybe see if they can learn to get alone on neutral ground.

I don’t know a lot about modifying aggression but it can be done.

Good luck, I am sure you will get it worked out.

Fritz answered on 10/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer