I have a 2 month old puppy. Can I use flea color and front line? And what kind is the best for this age? Thank you

Asked by Member 510195 on Dec 16th 2008 in Health & Safety

Answers

Taco

I think I would avoid a flea collar at that age. Many years ago I lost one of my little guys because he managed to get the flea collar in his mouth and died. Frontline can be used on dogs 8 weeks and older. Have you taken him to the vet for his puppy shots and an examination? Your vet can recommend what is the most safe for him. Along with getting the biting little bugger off your pup, you need to attend to getting rid of the fleas in your home and yard too. Enjoy your new family member!!

Taco answered on 12/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Peaches ♥

Most flea products say not to use them on puppies less than 4 months old. Be sure to read the label to find out and ask your vet. Also, don't ever use the Hartz or Sargent products - they're deadly to pets. Google "hartz kills" and you'll find lots of stories about dogs that have had seizures, etc. after those products being used.

Peaches ♥ answered on 12/17/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Zackintosh CJ

Oh, please don't use pesticides on your dog! It will hurt more than it helps!
When I had a true flea infestation, I used Frontline and it only lasted a few days.
On my current dog I only have used Apple Cider Vinegar sparingly throughout this year and he's only had a couple of fleas. My neighbors used frontline and their dogs had fleas almost all year!
I live in Texas which is terrible for fleas in the summer and spring.
Ask a holistic vet about it. Look for one at ahvma.org.
I would never use a flea collar. I think they are dangerous. Read the list of side effects on the box.
You wanna risk that with a 2 month old puppy?

Zackintosh CJ answered on 12/22/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer