I have a 10 week old beagle mix. Last week i gave her shots and now she has pooped blood with some white worm!!!

I gave her the 9 week old 7 way shot from tractor supply. It was refrigerated and she seemed fine afterwards. Then maybe 5 days later her still was green and mushy. I assumed from too many treats or a change in food so I stopped the treats and the next day her stool was normal. Then the very next day(yesterday) it was green and mushy again. She been having diarrhea since then. This morning she pooped an it had blood in it and a white worm(maybe a flat worm?) it wasn't moving and looked dead. Is my medicine working or should I find some dewormer for my fur baby??

Asked by Member 1211262 on Jan 30th 2014 in Worms & Parasites

Answers

Pineapple Smushface

Puppy shots are different than deworming. Has the pup been dewormed? If not, what you are describing is tapeworms. They happen from eating a flea. Your dog has or had fleas and must be treated for that, or you will need to keep deworming. If you do not know exactly what shots to give because there are three sets, take her to the vet for a check-up anyway. She will need a rabies shot and to be spayed at some point, and there is no substitute for vet care. Feed your pup a healthy puppy food for her 1st year such as Nutro max puppy food in chicken. ^_^

Pineapple Smushface answered on 3/19/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer