I have 2 eight week old chihuahua's... Is their anything safe enough for flea's?

Asked by Member 1064129 on Oct 17th 2011 Tagged fleas, shampoo, products in Other Pet Products

Answers

Amazing Grace

Mom's a FRONTLINE® Ambassador for Merial and can tell you that you may use it on pups 8 wks or older. If you decide on using Frontline products go to bit.ly for a coupon.

Amazing Grace answered on 10/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would be extremely careful with ANY topical flea treatment... I used Frontline Plus on my toy poodle, Tanner, about a month ago and he is JUST NOW healing from the 2 inch by 1 inch burn on his back that resulted from the treatment.
I wouldn't dare to use something like that on a tiny chihuahua baby.
While it won't repell future fleas, a good bath in ANY mild dog shampoo will kill any fleas currently on the puppies and will not harm them at all!!!