I have 18 dogs. One of my dogs killed another. Cowboy killed Princess. They have lived together for years. What to do?

Asked by Member 1150135 on Jan 15th 2013 Tagged dogkilledanotherdog in Behavior & Training

Answers

I think we would have to know more before answering this question properly, though the first thing that comes to mind for me would be to get some of the dogs other good homes.

Tons of dogs living in a house together is a disaster waiting to happen. It also lowers the amount of personal care you can give to each. For example with only two dogs, it's easy to watch and listen for any signs of aggression or anything along those lines, but when you have 18, then there could have been signs that just were not noticed.