I have 18 dogs.1 dog killed another.They have lived together for years.He does not show aggressive behavior,he went off.

They have plenty of room to play, are kenneled when I am at work but free roam of pasture, trampoline, pool, house when I am home, which is most of time. 24 access to food bowls, toys galore, attention galore. I am sick about it. Do not know if I should relocate him, if he would do this again. After she died, I let the dogs come in the bedroom to see. He licked her ear clean and smelled her. He is 85 pounds, she was 35 pounds. Most all my dogs are black labs. He is a hound dog and she was a lab/poodle mix.

Asked by Member 1150135 on Jan 17th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

I have heard this happen before. In the case i heard about, an old dog had some kind of seizure and the young dogs attacked him. This is something that happens in nature, the weak get taken out. I can not say if something like this happened, but I do think I would keep an eye on the dog for awhile, it may be a good idea for awhile just to keep him seperate from the others if you are not home. I am also so sorry for your loss.

My Precious Angel   Aregon

Where do you live that you can be allowed to have 18 dogs?

My Precious Angel Aregon answered on 1/19/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer