I had a litter of puppies that had parvo.

I have a litter of puppes which has parvo in which I have taken them to the vet and they are on medicine and I have another litter of puppies older than that litter and has already had their parvo shots, the two litters are not in any contact with each other, they are kept totally separtate, can still the oldest litter catch the parvo.

Asked by Member 1093924 on Feb 21st 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Absolutely, depending on the amount of immunity they have from their mother OR from that first vaccine and how long ago they had that vaccine.
I hope you are aware that YOU can spread it back and forth just by having the virus on your shoes or clothes or even dishes and inanimate objects.
The only safe way to prevent exposure to the other litter is to have ALL people and animals avoid ALL contact between them. Technically, even items you've washed but not disinfected can spread the virus from one litter to the other.
If you must go between the two litters you will need to completely change your clothing and shower before going from the sick ones to the well ones, remembering to use a proven parvocide disinfectent according to the label directions on ALL surfaces that may have contacted the sick pups.

Koby

Yes they can. You need to keep them separate and away from anything that the Parvo littler has touched. I'm not sure but I think the Parvo germs stay around for a very long time. You need to bleach everything they touched. Good Luck!

Koby answered on 2/21/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer