I got shampoo in my dogs eye! I rinsed eye with warm water and saline solution. It's eye is still partially swelled shut

Asked by Member 1145795 on Dec 18th 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

What kind of shampoo was it? Maybe you didn't rinse it enough. If it doesn't get better, I would take him to the vet. Good Luck!

Holly

What kind of shampoo was it? Does your dog have sensetive skin? And does your dog have any allergies. I'd suggest just keep in flushing it out and keep an eye on him/her and if the problem continues I'd take your dog to the vet. If there is something in the shampoo your dog may be allergic/sensetive to switch your shampoo brand, maybe to a more natural brand.

Hope we helped

India and Holly xx

Holly answered on 12/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

McKenzie

I would take your pup into the vet ASAP, eye's are not something to mess around with. You've already flushed out the eye, which is the most you can do at home without consulting a vet, and his eye isn't back to normal. What tyoe of shampoo did you use? Some shampoos can create chemical burns if they get in the eye. He's probably going to need some meds to help with the swelling and soothe the eye.

McKenzie answered on 12/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer