I got a pomyorkie mix and she is 1 and a half years old. Im training her to be a service dog for me. My name is bre and

The main q is would I need anything before I start the public access training ?

Asked by Member 1127550 on Aug 27th 2012 in Service & Therapy Dogs
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!



First of all make sure you qualify as disabled, under the ADA. Then decide what tasks you NEED a dog to perform or mitigate your disability. While certification is not needed you should look at the CGC requirements. If your dog could pass that test then look at taking him to every pet friendly place you can. Check your state laws for SDiT.
You should hop over to the main board & post in the Service Dog Forum. There are lots of folks there who could help you out & answer your questions.

Member 904338 answered on 8/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer