I found this bump on my dog's gums right on the tooth (see picture)

www.flickr.com

Has anyone ever seen something like this before with their dog??

Sort of looks like she just cut it on a bone and it got inflamed.

Asked by Member 1067437 on Oct 31st 2011 Tagged tooth, gums, mouth, oral in Dental Care

Answers

Lucy

This could possibly be an infection. Or it may be a growth of the gum. It would be a good idea to get it checked out by your vet.

-Vet tech-

Lucy answered on 10/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

it looks small enough to be a jab from something the dog chewed on. I would keep a close eye on it. if it gets bigger each day then it could be an infection of the gum you will need to see your vet.
he can prescribe meds.
as it is it just looks inflamed like a poke.
hope you feel better soon.

It looks like she may have gotten poked with a stick or something. If she was running in the yard with a stick or bone and it poked her gums it could cause the inflamed bump. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you don't find it is going away after a couple of weeks or you start to find others.

Hello,
To me it looks as if it's the start of an abscess and you would want to take your dog to an expiereced vet xrays may be taken to rule out any underling issues. Best to play it safe, also the pigment above the teeth seem a little dark.
If you do go to a vet do your homework and check credetials......
Best wishes