Riley

I dont know really what the other breed is to riley, read for details

Okay soo My dad said that Rileys dad was a TYPE of German Shepherd...I said his dad was a German Shepherd even though he was shorter then a full blooded one and taller then a Border Collie...

I am confused about this..My dad said that his dad was not a Full Blooded one but might have been a different Shepherd that are obveisley shorter sized..

I dont know if im correct on this...any one help me out?

Asked by Riley on Mar 17th 2011 in German Shepherd

Answers

Well, German Shepherds are a variable breed and come in a range of sizes and types (from 60 to 120 lbs, from very tall and lean to very short and stocky) but to me Riley doesn't look like one of his parents was a purebred GSD of any type. He looks like perhaps his dad was a mutt who looked kind of Shepherd-ish.

A lot of people are bad at guessing breeds and assume any dog who is black and tan and has "up" ears is a German Shepherd. This is probably what happened here, if you never saw the father yourself.

Really, with most mutts, you can never really tell for sure what breeds they are made of, and it doesn't matter anyway. Enjoy Riley for what he is, not what his parents were.

Carter

You have a true mutt there. Maybe some collie somewhere in there. Lab? def. some sort of shepherd because of the ears.

Carter answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer