I caught my puppy eating a hard candy. Should I be worried?
I took the candy away but just a little concerned that he will get sick. Should I take him to the vet?
on Apr 9th 2012
in Food & Nutrition
- Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!
My personal opinion, I wouldn't be too concerned [depending on how old the puppy is and how much it ate... if it's a younger puppy who ate a fair amount then I would definitely get him to the vet]. If he should get sick, monitor him closely and if it persist more than about a full day or two, definitely time to see a vet.
Best Regards [and I hope he'll be okay ;)]
Shasta answered on 4/11/12. Helpful? / 0
I'm not a vet, but I wouldn't worry too much. If he was able to swallow it without choking, he may feel a little stomach upset from the sugar, but probably he just really enjoyed that snack. You should be very concerned about large amounts of chocolate, though.
Libby answered on 4/12/12. Helpful? / 0