Dabo

I asked yesterday about my moms older poodle not being able to poop i was told to give her a little milk and also get a

can of pumkin puree i went and got my mom a can of pumkin 100% pure calabaza-pure is this what ya'll meant or where can you find just the puree.Thank you all so much for your help.Rita in SC

Asked by Dabo on Aug 21st 2009 Tagged whatispumkinpureetogiveapoodletopoop in Alternative Treatments

Answers

K-10 Von Canein

You got the right thing you were told to get. I have had reverse results with pumpkin. On my dog, pumpkin makes the poo harder. Try a raw egg instead. There will be billions of people who think feeding raw is wrong. To satisfy them, simply put the egg in a microwave and turn on for 2 seconds. Then it is irriadiated and considered safe by most of those against raw food. Fact: Over 90% of eggs sold in the U.S. are irriadiated prior to arriving at the store! If the dog is truly constipated, have you considered an enema for the dog? There are plenty of over-the counter remedies for constipation. If they are safe for people, they are most likely safe for your dog. Or, pick up a laxative at a pet food store or vet office. This does not mean it is safe, it just means it is approved to go into your dog's digestive track, not yours.

K-10 Von Canein answered on 8/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Enzo

I don't recommend egg =/. i would use canned dog food. It worked for my dog and i bet it will work for yours. Because it's moist it will help you dog poop without having to use human food. Every dog is different but i hope it works for you!

Best wishes,
Enzo

Enzo answered on 8/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Dogs seldom get constipated, and when they do, it is no time for home remedies. You should get it to a vet.