I am wanting to move in with a coworker. I have a 7 year old male cockapoo, she has a 2 year female American bull. Any

My dog, the cockapoo, what brought into a home with 2 other dogs as a puppy. Absolutely no problems. However the other two dogs were older and have passed away. He's been on his own for a couple of years. Her dog, while socialized with people and other dogs, has always been the only one in the home. We both want this to work, but of course want both dogs to be happy and safe. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are introducing them today at a neutral location.

Asked by Member 1197233 on Nov 2nd 2013 in Socialization

Answers

Having them become friendly is one thing, but putting them together permanently is another. Bully breeds can be very territorial and can attack another dog that they know if it smells like a different dog after a play date! Just go in eyes wide open, and start with a short lease and a pet deposit. You don't want to be responsible if her dog tears the place up, and make sure they can be separated while you are not home, just in case (like each in a bedroom). Good luck and Happy Howli-days!! ^_^