i am thinking about adopting my friends dog. she says the breeder told her that he is a bichon ,mountain burnes. i was just wondering if that is even possible?

Asked by Member 926911 on Dec 3rd 2009 in Cross Breeds

Answers

Zackintosh CJ

Your question is vague, so I'm going to assume things.
I assume you're saying the dog is a mix between a Bichon and a "Mountain burnes" (which I'm going to assume is a Bernese Mountain Dog.
I also assume you are asking if its possible for the two breeds (one big and the other small) to breed and thus have that particular mix for a puppy. The answer is yes, it depends on which dog was the mother, but it is possible, albeit dangerous if the smaller dog was the mother.
So, if the "breeder" said this is what the dog is, then I'm going to assume the "breeder" is a puppy mill, unless the dog is one they are trying to find a home for, I hope not one they bred as a mutt to try and make money.
With all these assumptions, then your answer would be "Yes."

Zackintosh CJ answered on 12/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ty

Oh yes, there is always the story of the small dog breeding with a great dane. The first post was very good about talking about the dangers. i wish you the best of luck if you take the dog.

Ty answered on 12/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

While it may be possible, it may not be true in this case.
A Bichon is an all white dog under 12 pounds with a coat like a poodle.
A Bernese Mountain dog is a 90 pound dog with a coat like a Newfoundland and only in a distinct tri-color marking.