Clyde

I am an 8mo Mastiff, which is better: Precise Holistic Large & Giant Breed Adult, Wolf King, or Canidae All Life Stages?

My owner is looking to change my food and was wondering what everyone else thinks of the foods he is considering. Note, I don't like Innova so we are not considering that as an option.

Asked by Clyde on Aug 21st 2012 Tagged food, precise, wolfking, canidae in Pet Food

Answers

Kato

Hello,

I haven't heard about those brands. Have you heard of a brand called Wellness? They also offer grain free which is better for us. No artificial flavoring, no corn or other fillers.

Kato answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Homer

I have used Canidae before and liked it. I don't have any experience with Precise though. I also heard there is a current shortage of Wolf King, so it may be harder to find. We use Fromm for our Mastiff and he does amazing on it.

While Wellness is a great brand, I would stay away from their grain free lines until your boy is full grown. Most grain free foods are not appropriate for giant breed pups.

Homer answered on 8/22/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would feed Solid Gold Wolf King out of all of those, that's the best out of all that you listed.