How will my Rottweiler look?

Hi everyone, I have 4 month old rottie. His father is big German rottie his mother is smaller American rottie, how will my puppy look? More like German or american breed, thank you

Asked by Member 1149838 on Jan 13th 2013 in Breeds

Answers

He can be a blend of both and he can be more like his mother it all depends on the genes.

lets look at this this way.

Mother-american - A
Father-German - G

----- G --- A Parents
G: GG GA Litter
A: GA AA Litter

I dont know if you can read out of this but ere you see in a litter from them theres

25% chance hell look excactly like his father
50% chance he will be a blend of the two
25% chance hell look like his mother

so the G is the look of the rottie from Germany and the A is the look for rottie from America

Tiara

ch ould look like either of them. You really do not know until they get older. It just depends on which side of the family he grows into. Or he could end up picking up some things from dad and some from monm and not look like either. It is kind of hard to say.

Tiara answered on 1/14/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer