HOW TO RETRAIN YOUR DOG TO POTTY OUTSIDE?

HAVE A. 11 YR OLD HALF SHITZU HALF TERRIER HAD HER SINCE THE DAY SHE WAS BORN I GOT MARRIED AND MOVED INTO MY HUSBANDS HOME HE HAD A DOG THEN A YR LATER WE GOT TWO CATS. SHE STARTED POTTING ON THE FRONT ROOM CARPET HOW DO I RETRAIN HER TO POTTY OUTSIDE

Asked by Member 1039296 on Jun 30th 2011 in House Soiling

Answers

Gia

Well she is getting really old now, and they tend to have aciidents and forget, I would make it easier for both of you and put newspaper and puppy pads down, we use those when our dog isn't feeling well or we go out, make sure you still fit in her daily walks, those are very important.

Gia answered on 7/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Molly

If this is a recent behavior you might want to talk to you vet to make sure her kidneys and bladder are fine and nothing else is going on. Also older dogs can lose bladder control similar to older humans. She might have to be let out more frequently. I hope this helps.

Molly answered on 7/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer