How to get my 11 month old pit bull to eat her food?

I have a 11 month old purebreed female pit bull named Chevy. I just recently toke her in a couple of days ago her previous owner could not keep her due to apartment rules no pit bulls allowed. Anyways when she got here she ate what my moms rott ate Eukanuba she ate 2 bowls of it right away. The next day i went to petsmart and switched her to Blue Buffalo. She does eat it but kind of picks at it too. I have gad pit bulls rotts and other bug dogs that were my own while growing up and all of those dogs ate 3 bowls a day and were extremly healthy. How do iget her to eat the same way? Shs is skinny and her fur is dull. Advice please id like her to gain weight.

Asked by Member 1185387 on Aug 14th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

A high endurance formula for active dogs and puppies might be the trick. If she's not eating what you call a "better" food, that's defeating the purpose- she has to like it. Natural Choice chicken high endurance has a 30/20 protein to fat ratio, which has been studied to be the best balance for active dogs from the Waltham Institute in England. It's in a khaki striped bag, is satisfaction guaranteed and this is the dog food that the certified FEMA search dogs are fed; there's one (Jester at work) on the front panel of the bag. ^_^

Mix some high quality canned food in with her dry food (a couple heaping tablespoons) and if you want, you can add a tab bit of chicken broth into the dry food and mix up and then add the wet food (canned) and mix up good. This will get her to eat.