Gizmo

How to calm my shih tzu when out walking barks at any other dogs very embarrsing my other dog doesnt care only my shih t

Asked by Gizmo on Sep 9th 2013 Tagged walk in Behavior & Training

Answers

Take him to a doggie training class and work on it- this sounds like poor socialization skills, but is hard to tell without meeting the dog. You can also try spraying him with calming spray 10 minutes before it's time to go out, and see if that helps. Also bring small treats like Nutro crunchies in pomegranate and chicken (6 calories each) so you can redirect the poor behavior to the treat when different dogs are approaching. Try datemypet.com for a playmate so that he can have a friend also- this will help!! ^_^