Maya

How should I protect my dog licnese from getting destroyed?

I just got my girl Maya her dog license for this year and I don't want it to get all beat up. I have noticed with past dogs I have owned that shortly after wearing their new license that you can't even read the information on it. I was just wondering if there is a way to protect the poor quality made license. I thought of laminating it but not sure if that only works with paper. Any ideas?

Asked by Maya on Jun 30th 2012 in Other Laws & Legislation

Answers

Maggie

I just keep the licenses in an accessible place in my house and take it into the car if we are going somewhere. This way the license is still readable and I have them with me if asked to produce them.

Maggie answered on 6/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you google "Dog tag protector" or "dog tag cover" you'll get links to a bunch of products that do this. Most are little fabric pouches you slip the tag(s) into and velcro or snap around them. You could probably make your own if you're handy like that.

Another thought is simply to stock up on extra tags- my county offers them for 3 dollars each. I try to have one handy in case Bruno loses his tag or collar out in the brush. But it sounds like we have a different system here- the tags are actually very durable, and they don't give you a new one every year, just a new paper certificate.

Hank

A company called Macazu is coming out with a product, TagPodz, that will solve this problem and several others: tag noise, tag loss and fur staining, in addition to the information on the tags wearing due to clashing with multiple tags. You can check it out at www.macazu.com. Production will start later this spring following a launch on Kickstarter.com. Hope that helps!

Hank answered on 3/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer