Bucko

How often can I bathe my five-month old Shih Tzu?

How often can I bathe my five-month old Shih Tzu? I'm interested in just breed shih tzu how often I can bathe him? And if you can tell me which shampoo did I use.

Asked by Bucko on Oct 21st 2012 in Grooming

Answers

You can bath him once every 2 weeks. You can use a mild dog shampoo. Good Luck with him.

Bathing every two weeks is good, but pay attention to his skin because every dog is different and his skin will get dry if this is too often. Id recommend a tearless puppy shampoo so if it gets near his eyes you don't have to be too worried. You can also follow this with a tearless conditioner. Its important to get him used to being washed and touched and brushed because he will need grooming for the rest of his life. Even if his hair is short now be sure to comb it so he is used to the feeling. Another key is to touch his feet and toes so he will be ready for nail clipping. I hope this helps you out, i am a dog groomer.