Lola Belle

how much wet food should I feed my 13lb lhasa apso?

I am not sure that my 6 yrd old 13 lb Lhasa Apso is getting enough to eat. How much wet food should I feed her daily?

Asked by Lola Belle on Mar 17th 2009 in Pet Food

Answers

Cherie-In Loving Memory

A general guideline of your dog being at good weight is if you rub along the ribcage. If you can feel the ribs, she's at good weight. If you need to pinch the skin in order to feel for the ribs, then your dog needs to slim down.

Do you only feed wet food?
Hard, fibrous foods are more effective than sticky, soft foods at preventing dental disease. Not all dry foods are equally effective at reducing plague buildup, and not all soft diets will have the same effect on it's buildup.
It may be suggested to give raw meaty bones and fresh fruits and vegetables to increase the hardness of the diet.

Cherie-In Loving Memory answered on 3/18/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Make sure you are feeding a good food - wet and dry is fine: Here are some great brands -
Innova, Wellness, Solid Gold, Merrick-
I would do 1/4 cup dry in the am with 2 teaspoons of wet...
In the pm another 1/4 cup of dry and 1 teaspoon of the wet food.
Also, add some Salmon oil to your dog food - just 1 teaspoon per day -PURE salmon oil can be found a most pet stores....
And a good quality vitamin/ nuvet:
see here for source
www.apluspetcare.com

BEST wishes......