how much to feed a great pyrenees. I have a great pyrenees and would like to find out the best amount of food to feed.

Asked by Member 762107 on Nov 2nd 2008 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

It depends on the weight of the dog, the age, and the type of food you are feeding. Use the bag for guidelines, and then raise or lower the amount of the food based on how hungry the dog is after feedings, and how well a healthy weight is maintained.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 11/2/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It really does depend on food, the size and the age of your pyr. Good luck to you.

You should be able to feel your dogs ribs under a thin layer of fat...If you can't cut back on feed...If there is no layer of fat or not enough give more feed.
The most my 4 Pyrs ate as rapidly growing pups was 4.5 cups of a super premium kibble...The most as adults is 4 cups for my working Pyrs.
My house Pyrs eat 2.5 to 3 cups of premium kibble a day when I feed kibble.
Remember though...The less quality the kibble you feed the more you need to feed.
Here is a good & unbiased website for rating dog food:
www.dogfoodanalysis.com