How much should I feed my 4 month old Chihuahua puppy? What kind should I feed her? How many times a day? (first time)

I'm wondering how much I should feed her...I got her Iams smart puppy food...Could somebody maybe exchange their emails w/ me so I could ask questions? Thanks! Email = pinksorbet @ hotmail . com (get rid of the spaces)

Asked by Member 869442 on Aug 20th 2009 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Princess

Idk what to tell you. But please don't buy any more Iams or Eukanuba dog food. They test their products on dogs and cats. They've killed cats, took muscle chunks out of dogs, forced vegatable oil down dog's throats, and debarked them (took out voice box)

Princess, the lovable chihuahua

Princess answered on 8/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can feed him any puppy food and just read the amount recommendations on the bag itself . Heres a website for choosing the best dog food for your pup.

www.dogfoodanalysis.com

Years ago I was taught an easy way to tell how much to feed any dog. Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs. Here is a link to a good illustrated guide, www.longliveyourdog.com

Small dogs like that need to eat more frequently. I would feed 3 meals a day for at least a couple more months.

Usually you are best off continuing what the breeder was feeding. Iams is as good as anything, the first choice of the professionals at service dog schools. The charges of cruelity have long been debunked.

Chocolate

Try half a cup a day and see how that plays out(1/4 cup twice a day or 1/8 cup three times a day).

Also, iams isn't the best. If you can find a food with meat meals and meat as the main ingredients that would be best. If you have a petco near you, theres wellness just for puppy, natural balance small breed bites, pinnacle puppy, and solid gold puppy. at petsmart there is by nature organics, blue buffalo, and hmm thats all i can scrape out of my head.

If you have a small independant pet sotre nearby look for innova puppy food, wellness,chicken soup,whole earth farms, canidae,fromm,orijen puppy, etc.

Chocolate answered on 11/19/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer