how much is the surgery cost of a collapsed trachea?

Asked by Member 920421 on Nov 21st 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

K-10 Von Canein

I don't know! However, here is what I do know. You are asking about the cost, while you should be at the vet with your dog. When you purchased, were given, or adopted a dog, it was a life time contract between you and the dog to take care of it's every need. These needs include food, water, shelter, plenty of attention, and MEDICAL CARE! Please take care of the problem with proper medical care. Your dog will love it, as well as knowing the care came from you!

K-10 Von Canein answered on 11/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It will probably vary from vet to vet. I would call around.

Ruby

Check in the yellow pages and call all the Vet's and ask their price. Compare to get the best value.

Ruby answered on 11/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Best value?....We're not buying produce here!!!
Find the best vet!

yeh, I have to say price is not what you should worry about.
We are talking about something very serious.
I think it is more like find the best vet or surgeon. Don't worry about the cost. No amount of money is a worry if your dog needs surgery to live.
Don't hesitate, go to the vet who can do the surgery the best.
Set up payment plan to repay the vet it is worth it.
I did that to do a root canal, I just set up payment plan and all worked out.

Too many people here blindly assume a high price means quality. Plenty of charlatans around charging high prices for nothing special.

this person asked a question and most of the replies are only judgmental. so happy that you all have unlimited funds and are not concerned about the costs, but that is not what this person asked. if you have so much money, why not donate to help pay for the surgery their dog needs...that is if they, as u ASSUME, don't have the money and/or don't care about their dog. obviously this person's dog is important to him/her. if you haven't noticed, many people are losing their homes and jobs and have no choice but to give up their beloved pets to rescues as they can't even their children and have to move into apts or with family. i know, i work with rescues and i once paid $5000 for surgery for my dog and but i still asked around to find the best course of action.