How much food should I feed my 15 pound min pin? How much for 50 pound bulldog?

Asked by Member 567836 on Feb 8th 2008 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Daisy Dawg, NPC

That would depend on the food you are feeding. All dog foods should have a guide on the bag telling you how much to feed. If you are buing "value" kibble... you will have to feed more to each dog. If you are using a premium food, you will be feeding less. For example if you feed something like Caniade all life stages a 50 pound dog is recommended to eat 1-2 cups a day. If you are feeiding a cheaper food such as ol'roy, dog chow or beneful or something that has alot more filler in it, you will probably need to feed 2 times as much. Best results:choose a good quality food and read the label.

Daisy Dawg, NPC answered on 2/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ginger Smiles Primm

Our 10 pound minpins get a fouth of a cup twice a day. They arnt piggies and some times ask for a little more so we give. That is a high quality food. (ENVO?) They also get healthy scraps and restraunt leftovers like rice, vegies, chicken with no sauce, etc. No garlic or onions. Congrats on the minpin! Bulldogs are my second choice. They are great also! Pmail me if you have questions on Minpins!

Ginger Smiles Primm answered on 2/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

~Sophie~

The bag will give you a range of how much to feed by weight. Start with the lowest amount listed for your dog's weight and increase or decrease as needed. My experience has been that the higher bag amounts are usually too much.

~Sophie~ answered on 2/8/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Treasure

When you start a new brand of food, use what the label says (the bag or can gives amounts for both adults and puppies by weight and sometimes by activity level). Weigh your dog weekly to make sure their weight isn't changing and adjust the amount of food if it is. If it's hard to weigh the larger dog at home, keep a close eye on his/her figure and make sure you can easily feel its ribcage but not see it.

Treasure answered on 2/9/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer