Bear

How much did you weigh at 9 weeks old, and how much do you weigh full grown?

My 9 week old pomeranian weighs 3.6 pounds. Is this a big pom puppy? How much will he weigh full grown? Thank you !

Asked by Bear on Feb 5th 2010 in Pomeranian

Answers

That's a big 'un!...You're probably looking at 25 lbs. full grown!

JoJo

I really don't remember how much my JoJo weighed as a pup, but he is now 1 1/2 and weighs 12 pounds! People tell me he isn't pure bred because of his size, but he is AKC registered, and has everything a small pom has and looks like, just a bit bigger! Just love your pup and take good care of it!! Take care!

JoJo answered on 2/5/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Since the standard for an adult pom is 4 to 6 pounds it does sound like your guy is going to be well over that! It's hard to predict how big he will end up, because all dogs grow at different rates, but I think it's safe to say he isn't going to be 4 to 6 pounds!!!

Kujo

that is realy big for a pom pup at that young of age. AKC standard is between 3 and 7 lbs full grown. My pom pup weighed 1.7 lbs at 9 weeks and he weighs a little over 4 lbs now at 7 months.
I would estimate your pup being around 9 lbs. Here are some growth and weight charts, remember that no growth or weight chart is accurate all the time. Best estimate comes from the size of the parents.

www.petpom.com

www.sharppoms.com

www.heartprint

beavercreekpoms.com

Another method is the method of triple the weight at 8 weeks and/or double the weight at 12 weeks. Which would make your pup around 10 lbs.

Kujo answered on 2/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I have had 3 Pomeranians, all pure bred. The first two were litter mates. One was 10 lbs and the other was 16 lbs. The female was more pointy nosed and taller, the heavier one was fit but had a large chest. The female took after the mom and the larger was built like the sire, but they were both much larger than the parents and their brother.

Our newest pom is 12 weeks old and weighs 3.6 lbs. His mom was 5 lbs and his sire slightly smaller. I dont know why this is - none of our pups were at all overweight, but are taller and more dense than the parents.

At that age and weight, I would think around 9 lbs. Our vet estimated our pup will be about 11 lbs.