how many miniature dachshunds are born bob tail is it rare

I have a akc male and a ckc female and they bore a male dachshund pup with no tail just a button tail is this regular in this breed or is it rare

Asked by Member 1120530 on Jul 13th 2012 Tagged bobtail in Puppies

Answers

Jazzy

It is not a normal thing for a dachshund puppy to have a nub for a tail. I have never even heard of this happening in the dachshund breed. It may just be a birth defect. The puppy probably wasn't able to develop a proper tail in the mother's womb. I would take the puppy to the vet when you are able to get the puppy's first check ups done and ask the vet any concerns you have on the pup

Jazzy answered on 7/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Maggie

I have only heard of this happening in double dapples, it is a birth defect. Double dapples have many issues when breed, i have heard of some being born missing body parts such as tails or feet, also may are blind, deaf, or both.

Maggie answered on 7/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer