How many cats can a neighbor have?

I live in Scottsdale AZ. My Neighbor has confirmed that she has over 20 cats and keeps adopting them.

These cats roam the neighborhood freely and are always getting into my garage, backyard, flower beds etc. I get whiffs of cat poo in both the front and backyard and the city has come out but says they cannot smell anything.

Is there a limit to how many cats a person can have? Is there anything that I can do to stop the cat infestation?
Need some advice!

Asked by Member 1152309 on Jan 28th 2013 in Laws & Legislation

Answers

Oh, my. Each city or county has its own ordinance. Regardless, I'd call animal control or the SPCA. A person can't just let his or her pets roam the streets. This sounds like a hoarding situation to me. Better to have authorities intervene than to see the cats neglected, mistreated or injured by passing cars.