How long do female chihuahuas bleed? In Heat??

I just got my female girl who is 6 years old 3 months ago and she is bleeding how long does it last and is she too old too breed??

Asked by Member 752570 on Oct 13th 2008 Tagged breedingmyfemalechihuahua in Pet Products

Answers

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels

All dogs are in heat the same amount of time...21 days...7 coming in, 7 in, 7 going out. A 6 year old Chi is definitely too old to breed.

Bear and Bambi - Mommys Angels answered on 10/13/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Heat last 21 days & you will want to keep her away from intact males that whole time...Breeding her at that age is dangerous to her health & Chi's often have a difficult time with pregnancy & whelping anyway!...I'd spay her to avoid future health problems like cancer or pyrometria.

You've been given excellent answers thus far.
cookiemiller.tripod.com

Pokey

If we stopped breeding dogs, we would stop the over population that we've created. Breeding dogs, at this point, is stupid in my opinion. We need to give all the homeless dogs homes, before we can create more.... :o/

Pokey answered on 10/16/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer