how long after the mucus plug drops does the dog go into labor and then have her puppies

She is a pug/beagle mix

Asked by Member 974473 on Mar 16th 2010 Tagged mucusplug, labor, puppies in Health & Safety

Answers

If you think your dog is going into labor, you need to call the vet--we're not online 24/7 and the internet tends to be slower going.
I'm not going to assume you bred your dog on purpose, as others probably will, but I would like to say--and don't take this wrong--that this sort of information should be known long before a decision is made to breed your dog. It takes literally years of research to know all you need to know, and that includes gaining experience with an experienced and reputable mentor. (Booklearning alone doesn't cut it.)

Well, good luck.

My website is an *introduction* to the world of responsible dog breeding:
cookiemiller.tripod.com
~Tiffany, breeder-in-training

www.seefido.com

Here is another site.
If your dog is in any extreme pain or discomfort with no puppy producing labor take her to your doggie ER vet immediately.
I do not believe that a dog has a mucus plug like women I could be wrong on that.
That site should give you tips on when the labor is about to start, contractions, digging a nest and panting with discomfort and turning in circles is some eye catching signs. If the dog is in pain just take her to the vet right away.
good luck.
don't forget to spay and neuter your dogs.