Moxie

How long after applying Frontline can you give a dog a bath?!?!

Asked by Moxie on Feb 1st 2009 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Best Answer

I searched your question and found that you must wait for 48 hours before your dog gets wet. Here is a website all about Frontline and Frontline products if you have any more questions:

frontline.uk.merial.com

Have fun!

answered on Feb 1st.

Answers

I think it says on the little instruction sheet that comes in the package (or at least used to, I haven't used it in a couple of years) but I usually wait 48 hours and I never had a problem.

PS Moxie is ADORABLE!

Daisy

Alot of times what I do is bath first then dry them then put the preventative on.

Daisy answered on 2/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

I think the instructions say like 2 days but I always wait till it's completely dry before giving my dog a bath.

Oh yeah and a tip, Don't apply front line a day after your dogs bath. I usually wait at least 3 days because you have to let the oil on their coats redistribute and stuff so that it will spread the frontline.

Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC answered on 2/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

It is in the directions.
But, to be effective no bath is really needed. You don't want to wash any off.
You can bathe beforehand but you have to wait for so many hours also.
I would not use any other flea shampoo either, too much and too many chemicals can make them sick. good luck

I have asked my Vet that very question, and she told me 4 days. Another Vet told me the same thing during a different discussion and he advises any bathing to be done the day before applying Frontline.