How do people clean their dogs teeth?

I feel like my dog always has bad breath and I really could use a recommendation as to which doggie toothbrush is best.

Asked by Member 1132834 on Sep 26th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Mika

usually the easiest way is with one of those rubber toothbrushes that fit over you finger, your pup will probably be more willing to have that in his mouth then an actual toothbrush...and buy some special doggie toothpaste also. do a little each day until he is used to it

Mika answered on 9/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

No need for a tooth brush...Raw Meaty Bones..nature's way of keeping teeth clean & white, plus keeps gums healthy. My one guy is over 8 years old & NEVER had a dental. My vet says he has some of the best teeth she has ever seen.

I use RMBs (raw meaty bones) as well. There are some safety precautions to keep in mind, though.

Sabi

If your dog has bad breath check his diet. I have never brushed a dogs teeth. If you don't like the raw bones idea ask your vet about dental chews. Dogs that eat properly balanced diets shouldn't need further dental care.

Sabi answered on 9/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ikan

I do three things, I brush the dogs teeth, if they get to bad, i scrape the plaque off. This is something that you have to work up to because if you slip, you can cut up the dogs gums. And I also give my dogs Greenies to help clean them. My dogs love them and it does make cleaning them easier.

Ikan answered on 9/28/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer