Ice

How do i treat sore left by tick bites?

Asked by Ice on Dec 8th 2009 in Answers

Answers

You should really have the vet look at these sores.
You don't know what kind of bacteria or virus this sores has.
And I don't know if you know that a tick bite can actually destroy the tissue, the tissue can turn black as black and that means the tissue is dead.
Ticks are really bad this year and extremely dangerous in carrying sometimes life threatening situations.
I had to deal with these nasty buggers this year, every time we went to the next state we got hitch hikers. And the deer are so bad there, I am sure that contributed to the problem I had.
I could recommend a home remedy, but really since Ticks are at fault go to the vet instead.

Our vet has advised us to use neosporin daily on the area. Works like a charm!

I'd have the vet check them, the ticks might have been carrying some tick borne
diseases(s). The vet may want to prescribe some antibiotics and do a few blood tests for antibodies for tick borne diseases. They could impact you dogs life if he has them.

I usually just spray hydrogen peroxide on the spot where I pulled the annoying little tick off. I keep an eye on the dogs and if signs of trouble appear it's off to the vet with us. Or we at least call 'em up.

If we are just talking Flea bite Dermatitis - itchy red areas - see here:
Staffie/ Pitbull itchy skin and flea bites:
en.allexperts.com

It the areas are very red and hot - please call the vet.
BEST wishes....