How do i train my dog to not run away when i'm not arround???

when my dogs are with me there fine they many wonder a bit but they always come back. When i leave them for like literally 10 seconds there gone next door. I have considered electric collar but i can't bring myself to do that. If i fence of next door it will cost around 1000 pounds cause they have fields we have fields theres alot to fence. Is there anyway i can train them to like hang out not run away. any help would be really appreciated :) thanx

Asked by Member 1142046 on Nov 24th 2012 in Methods of Training

Answers

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs

they have wireless containment units that are just sensation, no shock. you still have to train ur dogs not to go past the boundries though. putting up a fence on only one side of the yard is just giving them an obsticle to go over, under, around or through. another idea would be to set up cable runners or a kennel to put them in or on while ur away

Charlie Brown Cocoa Puffs answered on 11/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer